The Jodhpur City Knowledge and Innovation Cluster (JCKIC)
has been established under the Aegis of the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser, Government of India. The main focus of the cluster is to provide a necessary platform to create synergy between all the stakeholders to make use of available knowledge as well as to develop advanced technologies, creative skills, state of the art infrastructure and innovative environment in an organized manner so as to ensure sustainable and systematic development of city of Jodhpur. The cluster will work towards effective intervention of knowledge, technology and innovation for the society at large and industry and governance in particular. Further, the cluster will provide platform to the young entrepreneurs to work on their new and innovative ideas. In the long run the cluster is going to be a self-sustaining unit. The initial focus of the cluster will be in the following areas:
- To provide Innovation-driven impetus to Healthcare and Medical Technology industry in the city
- To design and implement digital technologies for value addition to local handicrafts and handlooms
- To develop and implement a prototype waste water management system dealing with pollutions from the textile industry
- To roll out an AI driven initiative for increasing efficiency of traffic and crime management system of the city of Jodhpur
- To design and develop an integrated real time data management system for the city of Jodhpur, on top of forthcoming 5G network
The cluster is a collaborative network of a large pool of institutes dealing with academics (covering different domains including science & technology, healthcare, fashion design, footwear design, law, police, ayurveda, agriculture, fine arts, engineering, social science, humanities, etc.), R&D institutes affiliated to all major organizations of the country including DRDO, ICAR, ISRO, ISRO, ICMR, Forest Research, etc., and highly skill oriented MSMEs having strong elements of innovation and entrepreneurship. The Jodhpur region is very rich in handicrafts, handloom and traditional art. A large number of industries and artisans are engaged in these activities. The cluster will work towards exploiting the rich traditional heritage and art existing in the city of Jodhpur and around for the betterment of the artisans and help them in improving the financial condition. Further, the cluster will also aim at to preserve the city’s heritage and traditional art and take it forward to coming generations, however, with value addition. All these features makes Jodhpur as one of the ideal cities to host a multi-institute platform viz. Jodhpur City Knowledge and Innovation Cluster (JCKIC).